Finally, the press is saying what I have said all along, Obama didn't pick Hillary because he didn't want to share the limelight.... and if he loses this election.... that one choice, in my opinion, is the reason...
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/editorial/outlook/5996689.html
Now I don't agree with all this article says. Obviously I think they are wrong on many points, such as Palin needing to change her hard core anti-abortion, pro-traditional marriage type views. I think Palin is proving that a lot of American's share these strong views and she is getting support from those Americans.
If Palin were to trade her views, or soften them, she would risk losing the bulk of these Americans who truly felt they didn't have anyone running for them in this upcoming election. Besides, it would not be a sincere softening. I would rather her tell us what she truly believes, what she truly feels, than take a poll first and try to "soften" her true feelings.
Isn't that why Americans are so frustrated with our current politicians? They say one thing before election, then behave another way after election. My big fear is the Republicans will try to soften Mrs. Palin and that can and would backfire on them.
Another thing that dawned on me... a theory I have been trying to test with friends... by asking them "What has Obama done in the past that really stands out to you". No one can name anything. They can all tell me he will "change" things and he is "good for America" and "it is time for a black President". But none of them can tell me what he has done for America so far...When I ask them about Biden, they know even less. When I ask them about McCain, they know about the Vietnam war... but not really anything else.
Yet ask the same people what Sarah Palin has done, in her time in government, and they can name, accurately or inaccurately, quite a few things. They can talk about the "bridge to nowhere", the "gas checks going back to the people of Alaska", the "firing of her chef and chauffeur", "Major budget cuts", the "gas line to the mainland", "living her beliefs", and of course "Putting Alaska's checkbook on the web so the public can see where every dollar of tax money is being spent".
I didn't pick up on this before, but it just kinda hit me this week that we feel we know her as a person, as a mayor, as a governor, and as a mother.
I can't even name as many things McCain has done in government as I can about Sarah Palin.
How is it this one Governor from Alaska (who I love but am far from worshipping), has become so well known to us in so short a time? Is it possible that the liberal press has promotes every tidbit of negative info they could find, on the web and TV. Strangely, instead of pushing us away from her... it has helped us relate to her and feel we truly know her? Is this why her popularity just keeps growing? I can't even explain the reason for her likability but I think the above is a big part of it.
Test yourself, whether you are pro or anti Sarah Palin. Make four columns, one for each candidate, and see what you can name about their past.... what they have actually accomplished. Not what they want to accomplish, but what they have accomplished in their government life. Then do one of their personal lives. I think you might be stunned to find out you too know more about Ms. Palin than any of the other three.
A year ago, I had never heard of her. I have been trying to remember when I first heard her name and it was around Jan 2008. It was an article about her unique style of running Alaska. Later, maybe April/May, I heard about her again as a short list for McCain. Then she was moved to the long list... and then dropped off the radar entirely.
Still, how could a woman, I had never heard of less than a year ago... be the person I know the most about in this upcoming election.... very strange. It has to be the press and their unending coverage of her.
So is the liberal press winning this election for McCain? Hmm.... I think they are.
Pondering politics and all that goes with it... been there, enjoying it.
I am sorry if I post too many political posts but I truly get caught up in elections. I also get caught up in human behavior.... and the way humans behave during elections... it is just too enthralling me to ignore.
(front to back, left to right) Boo, Teen2, Spanky, Blonde, Ducky, Teen1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment