(front to back, left to right) Boo, Teen2, Spanky, Blonde, Ducky, Teen1

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Are my parents swingers???

Swing voters that is....


My husband and I are swingers.. with our VOTES that is.... Not with anything else LOL. Unless you call taking the kids to the park to play on the swings being swingers... Regardless, while we are conservative thru and thru, we are not owned by any party and are registered independents. While lately, we have tended to vote Republican... we have been known to vote Democratic or Independent if the candidate appealed to us with their views.


We are the election deciders, or so they say... the swing voters.


You know what really irks me.... both sides, Dem and Rep... claim they want the swing voters.... but really what they mean is "We want to educate you so you will see that our side is the best side and come join us" or "give us your vote, then go away".


No Swing voters pretty much don't like your side, either one of your sides. If we wanted to be on your side, we would register to be on your side.


We don't give our allegiance to a party.


I watched my parents and my husbands parents vote Democrat, no matter what. The Dems could betray them, ignore them, walk all over them... and yet, both sets refuse to believe that they are not beloved by the Dems.


Once upon a time, Christian Conservatives were Dems. But one day, they wised up and realized the Dems were not supporting them, just taking their votes, patting them on their backs, and telling them to get back to their churches and homes until the next big election.


Now, Republicans are suppose to be representing the Christian conservatives...but are they really? Pastors are being sued for reading scripture against the homosexual lifestyle. Abortion, at every stage of pregnancy is still legal. Christians are struggling to school their children, in private Christian schools or homeschooling, to avoid having sex ed taught from 2nd grade on, liberal agenda's forced on our susceptible children, and of course evolution taught as fact.


Christmas is no longer allowed to be celebrated as Christ's birthday. A Christmas tree is now a Holiday tree. The true history of how our country was founded has been altered to have all references to Christ removed... and there were a lot of references.


So I guess, I find it hard to believe the Republicans are the party of the Christian Conservatives. I do believe most Christian conservatives, including my husband and myself, will be voting for the Republicans.... I think... think mind you, even my Democratic parents who never vote anything other than Democrat, are voting republican this year. Last election, Dad wouldn't confirm but I think he left off president, then worried all year that none of his votes would count (something his union rep had told him). I assured him the rest of his votes would definitely count if he had left President blank.

Just yesterday, he called me and said, "B... with all the kids in our family who are in this war... with my views against abortion... considering the Dems have not kept union jobs in the US... I think I am going to give that lady a try. She is one powerful woman. Seems to be a decent Mom too".


OK the earth kept spinning, pigs did not fall from the sky... I am not sure, but I think my 70 year old, lifetime Democratic parents, just took a step to the middle. I think my parents are becoming swingers...

Never thought I would be writing this... but considering the possibility my parent's are becoming swingers.... been there... done that


No comments: