For the next week or so we are practically childless.... we are down to two for the next few days, then back to three for a few days when our eldest returns from school for a short break, then back to two..... Three kids are with Grandparents 6 hours from home....
Now Boo has never, ever spent a night with these grandparents without one of her parents with her. Tonight is her first night. I am wide awake... she, I am sure, is sleeping quite nicely.
But earlier today was another story. The phone rings and Teen2 answers it... he hands it to me stating that Boo is quite upset....
"Hey Boo, do you miss Momma?".
(OK, maybe I was subconsciously hoping she wanted her Mommy. Maybe I was smiling inside, knowing she missed home... and me).
"Momma, Blondie is mean to me. She is being very, very mean to me. She told me that I was a 'What Ever Major Loser', and then she smacked me on the buttocks".
"Boo did you tell her that phrase is 'So Last year'".
"No, I was too mad. She smacked my buttocks. She is very, very mean to me. Are you listening to what I said".
Now for those of you who were not blessed to watch "Camp Rock" 16 times in the past week, those phrases mean nothing to you. For those of you with giggly girls in love with those singing brothers... you have heard the "What Ever Major Loser", complete with three fingers forming the W, then E, then M, and finally an L on the forehead.... followed by, "That is so last year".
As for our house, "Camp Rock" is banned for at least a month due to over watching and Mom's desire not to become the psycho Mom and destroy our last TV..
As for big sister... a simple promise from Mom, to return the new school clothes I just purchased for her from Limited Two, was enough to get her to apologize quite sincere sounding (quite a task for a 13 year old going on 19), and to promise no more smacking her sister on any part of her body or, gasp.... Camp Rock will be deleted from our DVR.... I think the crisis is over and big sis will be as gentle and kind as can be for the next week or so...
But as I sit here tonight, unable to sleep without all my kids home, it does kinda warm my heart to know that no matter how far from home my little ones are... they are never too far to tattle on each other... Even if they don't miss Mom quite as much as Mom misses them, they do still need me as Queen Judge.
As for Ducky, he is at Grandparents too, but has a TV in his room... they said they only see him at feeding time. TV is a luxury in our home. We only have one and watch selected shows, mostly Disney, Monk and Psych. All watched together. Kinda scary wondering what that child is watching behind the closed doors at Grandma's... Oh well, they only have basic cable... how bad could it be?
Missing my kids... enjoying the tattling for a rare change... been there... sadly still doing it... at least until the kids or I start crying... then maybe Daddy will go bring them back home...
(front to back, left to right) Boo, Teen2, Spanky, Blonde, Ducky, Teen1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment