(front to back, left to right) Boo, Teen2, Spanky, Blonde, Ducky, Teen1

Thursday, June 19, 2008

The newest in Bathroom decor.....



I saw the coolest thing.... at my insurance agent's office yesterday.

Long story, short version, my husband lost an insurance bill last month, then found it at the bottom of a mound of dirty laundry.... (see the good that come from getting caught up on laundry).

I drive in the payment and am desperately in need of a restroom break. She kindly points the way to their private, for employee's only bathroom (what a sweetie for letting me use it).

I relax and notice her decor.... post its. Post it's everywhere, all with hand written, inspirational words. I stayed a bit longer than necessary simply to read those "feel good" words and pondering how they seemed to apply to my life.

I go out and compliment her on her decor. She seemed puzzled then laughed... saying... "I started that for me and the other employees. The bathroom is the only place we are not interrupted and can have a moment of peace. I thought, what better place to inspire someone than a peaceful place".

Ha... now that is an idea I can move on.... My kids hate to have family talks... hate to hear my advice... hate to listen period. But they have to go potty.... they have to brush their teeth.... so I had hubby stop this morning and buy post-its in a variety of colors.

And I transformed the bathroom wall. Then added a few up and down the mirror for teeth brushing.... who knows, maybe they will get so into reading, that they brush longer, LOL.

I removed all other reading material. So now, they either read my inspirational phrases, or do their "relaxing" with their eyes closed.
Our youngest loves it and added some of her own, which include "Love Love Love" "Love Zeke" (dog is Zeke) and "Dragon Fly".

Hee hee....

Sneaking inspirational advice to my teens..... in a place they can't avoid..... been there... doing that.



No comments: