I made butter!!!! We drink raw cow's milk from a herdshare program. I cannot praise raw milk enough. My husband's health has improved dramatically. My ulcerative colitis is getting better all the time. My daughter's skin is clearing up (eczema). Just amazing really. We also eat raw cow's milk cheese. And now, I am skimming the butter off my milk and making butter. How cool!!! I am trying to freeze a supply for winter because I have been warned that the cows will produce less cream in the winter months than they do now, when the green grass is growing.
Now if I can master the break making.... I must admit, I kinda gave up on trying. But now that I am creating fresh buttermilk (when I make butter), I think it is time to give it another try.
Not sure what I will try next, yogurt or cheese....
Making homemade butter and buttermilk... from fresh cow's milk....
Been there... done that.... really enjoying it. (And thanks to my friend J for explaining how to make it and answering my emails past 11pm!!!!)
(front to back, left to right) Boo, Teen2, Spanky, Blonde, Ducky, Teen1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, if I am up, I'm answering emails :)
Not sure if your noticing it, but in warmer weather our cows are producing more cream. Good thing summer means exercise (garden, bikes, garden, swimming, yard, garden) because the extra cream somehow ends up in the ice cream maker!
I love reading your blog, your stories of your kids never fail to crack me up!
Post a Comment