(front to back, left to right) Boo, Teen2, Spanky, Blonde, Ducky, Teen1

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Who knew a Gall Bladder could cause such problems?

OK Mr. Daddy needed his gall bladder out. No problem except the only time the surgeon could fit him in was at 2:30 Tuesday. Boo had her state testing at 1:00 Tuesday. No problem, testing runs 1/2 hour, I could be back at the hospital by 2, 2:30 at the latest.

I had FIL drive hubby to the hospital so he wouldn't be alone until I got there.

Here is where it gets wierd. Husband sends FIL on errands instead of having him wait for hours before surgery even starts. That would not have been a problem except, FIL is not from this area and gets lost. FIL is not there when surgery is happening.

Boo's test... a mess... I didn't leave until 2:45 and she still was not tested. I am not even going to address this because I am still so frustrated. It is the first time I have been frustrated at the K12 program in our state. I am still frustrated two days later.

I call FIL and my eldest son (who also went along to keep FIL company) to see if Mr. Daddy is out yet. I find out they are LOST and NO ONE.... is with Mr. Daddy at the hospital. He is in surgery and no family there!!!! What is wrong with men that they don't understand things can go wrong in surgery? Remember, it was Mr. Daddy who sent them away, but FIL and Teen1 both saw no problem either.

I rush to the hospital, while telling myself to calm down, gall bladder surgery is no big deal anymore.... no big deal anymore... no big deal anymore.

I get there just as the nurse is arriving with an update.... WHAT... surgery was an hour ago... it was a ten minute surgery.... why an update this late. Well because it didn't go great, that is why. An artery was clipped during the lapro piece... and instead of three little incisions... they had to open him up and repair the damage. He is fine... absolutely fine and getting released today. Alls well that ends well.

So a huge praise that he is fine.

And a prayer request.... he will not get unemployment due to him "Not being able to work". He still qualifies for 2 weeks disability from his prior job but it ends in two weeks. So depending on how long the Dr. writes him off... we are income free. Very scary spot for a family of eight.

Thank goodness we have a decent food supply built up. But remember us please.

We could really use a job call back or new job offer. Either one of us. Please pray that God provide what we need. We are really spoiled. Neither of us has ever really been unemployed before. Not working.... is not something we are used to. We both want to work. Please pray that something happens soon.

So it has been a week filled with stress. And now it is almost over. I leave in a few minutes to pick Mr. Daddy up and bring him back home. Yeah. I have been sleeping at the hospital, rushing home in the morning to get kids homeschooling started, shower and nap (because one really can't sleep in a chair in the hospital with a husband yelling "PAIN" every six minutes).

Another praise is In-Laws who drive six hours to jump in and help out with our six kids. What a blessing they have been and always are.

No comments: