(front to back, left to right) Boo, Teen2, Spanky, Blonde, Ducky, Teen1

Friday, March 6, 2009

The quickest way to blow a budget....

Is for Mom to get sick...

We have gone sooooo long without eating out. We have done great since mid-Feb budgeting 10.00/meal for all eight of us. We are saving each month, even though both of us are on unemployment.

Then Mom got sick. I am absolutely fine... as long as I sit.... but when I try to stand to cook... I start swooning.

So we ordered out, twice!!! Even though I was very careful, it still cost 30.00 for our family (Pizza Hut) and Wendy's (25.00). For two meals, I spent more than 5 meals worth of budget.

Aggghhhhh....

It has been two weeks and my voice is back, the fever is gone, no sick stomach.... throat feels great. Still congested... and dizzy. Boo is sick too. We seem to be on the same stage with this bug.

My carpet looks disgusting. I guess no one else knows how to run a vacuum. Of course they would say I didn't specifically tell them to. Oh my. The table is cluttered. The kitchen, remarkably clean... Oh yeah... I am not cooking!!!!

Kids are sick of cereal and sandwiches. Yesterday I was going to cook something easy... TACO's.... I didn't get thru browning the meat. No way I am going to chop lettuce when I am this woozy. Somehow, this infection must have made it to my inner ear...

But sitting.... sitting works. I can key on the computer. I can help kids with homework. I could work.... if I had a job. Just can't walk yet. Maybe by Monday. If not, I will need to break the budget further and go the the Doctor. YUK.

Meanwhile, going to try to brown that meat again.... and perhaps chop the lettuce from the table instead of standing... Gotta try to restore our budget before all my savings vanish.

Blondie had her chorus concert last night. She was so cute. She is a shortie and normally in the second row and completely hidden from view. This time, she was front row. YEAH.... I could actually see her. She really loves singing. I almost didn't go due to the dizziness but made myself. I am glad I did... She didn't think I would be there. It was precious seeing her face light up when she saw me sitting with the rest of the family. Definately worth the effort. Remarkably, her brothers were attentive. I did leave after her part of the concert and went to the car to lie down. Boo, Spanky and I rested while the concert continued.

No comments: