OK shopping with six kids is always fun.... if you think fun is having things thrown in your basket, losing one or two kids, meltdowns.... well then grocery shopping with kids is a blast.
Took a mere three kids with me today. Found great, great deals at Kroger. MGR markdowns on beef and poultry as well as veggies. I rarely find fresh fruit or veggies with MGR markdown but today... hit the jackpot. Got some broccoli and cauliflower. Even got some decent steaks. OK they were on sale for 4.99, then MGR markdown.... Wow I got good deals. We rarely get to eat steak on our budget. I came home with all kinds of meat for the freezer. Seriously, probably a month's supply.
Anyway, I get up to the register, and start unloading my overflowing basket. None of the kids are with me (I am one of those Mom's who send the kids running for items just to keep them busy and out of trouble. Spanky and Boo come running (I had promised them waffles as a reward and they were running back with them). Boo is soooo excited. She found a 1.00 coupon for the waffles. Someone had left it on top of the box (love the coupon mom's who leave their ready to expire coupons on top of the products). The man behind me could not believe I had trained my tiny daughter to coupon shop. He was truly impressed.
Things went downhill from there. When the cashier rang up my Mrg discounted cauliflower, it rang up 401.69 instead of .69. I instantly notified the cashier. She tried to clear it but it kept ringing up the same. Brought a manager over, who couldn't get it to enter right either. They finally do an override, but then it wouldn't delete the old one. It only wanted to delete the .69, not the 401.69. After a good 10 minutes, they get it cleared up. The man behind me waited patiently as my kids behaved in their normal, "I am sick of being in this line" manner. I am behaving in my normal "If you don't stop, the waffles will go back" manner.
And then I realize I didn't bring my Kroger card. My phone number never works. The Manager is still there so the cashier can't use her own card number (as they usually do). The Manager asks me to fill out another card form.... which I start to do... then the kind man behind me, who I am sure was exhausted by the wait... gave me his card.... which knocked a good 10.00 off my bill.
Seriously, I was in line a good 30 minutes. The poor man behind me didn't get upset at all. He had to be frustrated... but out here in the country... I don't know how to describe it.... but people stay nice.
He even reminded us to use Boo's coupon.
The kids came home screaming about the 400.00 head of cauliflower Mom bought.
I had the kids put the groceries away and Mrs. Mommy took a nap. I hope the man behind me went home and took a nap too... he deserved it.
Wondering what to cook tomorrow with my 400.00 cauliflower.....
(front to back, left to right) Boo, Teen2, Spanky, Blonde, Ducky, Teen1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That had better the best cauliflower that you have ever eaten!
Kitty
Post a Comment